If you intend to pay out-of-pocket through one of IW Online’s payment plans, have Military benefits or have corporate tuition assistance, you may be eligible for additional benefits through financial aid.

The Financial Aid Office is located in the lower level of the Chapel. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you have any questions please contact us at 319.385.6242 or 800.582.2383 ext. 6242.

Step 1

Apply for admission to Iowa Wesleyan University. You must be accepted and registered for classes in order to receive a financial aid award.

Step 2

File for a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. Be sure to include Iowa Wesleyan University as a school on your application.

FAFSA Title IV Federal School code: 001871

Learn more about filling out the FAFSA at our FAQ page

Step 3

Provide necessary documentation to the Financial Aid office if requested. Thirty to forty percent of students are randomly selected by the Federal Government for verification. Selection for verification is random and it does not mean you’ve done anything wrong.

Step 4

A financial aid award letter will be sent. This is your official notification of the financial aid you will receive through the Financial Aid Office at Iowa Wesleyan University. These awards are provisional and may change. Awards that are declined will not be replaced by other institutional funds.

Step 5

Return the loan information form you received with your financial aid award letter. If you choose to decline all loans you are still required to return the loan information form before other awards such as Federal Pell Grant can be disbursed.

Step 6


To receive financial aid from federal and state programs the student must:

  1. Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
  2. Be registered with Selective Service if male, at least 18 years of age and born after December 31, 1959, and not currently a member of the active armed forces. (Register online at
  3. Demonstrate financial need if applying for need-based aid.
  4. Be working toward a degree or certificate at Iowa Wesleyan University.
  5. Make satisfactory academic progress as defined by IW’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
  6. Not be in default on any loan or owe a refund on any grant made under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, at any institution.