Credit for Military Training

Iowa Wesleyan University recognizes the value of your military experience and training. Did you know you can get college credit for your military experience? The American Council on Education (ACE) collaborates with Department of Defense (DoD) to review military training and experience and recommend appropriate college credit for members of the Armed Forces.

Iowa Wesleyan must receive an official copy of your military transcript to award any applicable transfer credits. The information below includes links to help you with the process of requesting your official military transcript. Please note that requesting your military transcript is branch specific.

If you have not already applied to Iowa Wesleyan University, please contact your Enrollment Advisor to request more information or an unofficial review of your transcripts for possible transfer credit.

Joint Services Transcript Request - Electronic request only

The Joint Services Transcript (JST) is used by all enlisted, officers and warrant officers, both active and veterans from all Army components, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy. You do not have to be active duty in order to access the JST website and your transcript. Active duty, Reserve, Veterans or National Guard personnel can use JST. You will need to first register for a JST account.

Note: when clicking on the Joint Services Transcript Request link you may read there is a problem with the website’s security certificate or notified the connection is not private, depending on what you are using for an Internet browser. Select to continue to the website even though it states it is not recommended. If using Google Chrome, select Advanced and proceed to even if it indicates unsafe. Finally, select ok. You will arrive at the page to either create an account or log-in to a previously established account.

Joint Services Transcript (JST) Request

Once you have logged into the JST website, click on the link at the top that says “Transcripts”. From there, you can view your transcript by using the “Transcript” link. The transcript contains sections for Military Course Completions, Military Experience and College Level Test Scores. You can print or save the transcript for your records.

Request to Send Transcript to Iowa Wesleyan

After you log on to the JST website you will click the “Transcript” link at the top of the page and then on the “Transcripts menu” you will click the “Official Transcript Request. On the next page, search for the school and select the institution from the list. Select the correct institution (verify spelling and location are correct) in the resulting search results.  On the next page, acknowledge the consent statement and click “Yes”.

Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Transcript Request

The Community College of the Air Force is a federally-chartered academic institution that serves the United States Air Force’s enlisted total force.

Air Force personnel have the option to order electronic and/or paper options. The official CCAF transcript will show graduate status and military credits ONLY (tech school, internship, PME, etc.).

DSST/DANTES Official Transcript Request

Get College Credit provides access to the official DSST/DANTES transcript request forms and scoring information.

Use the table below to match your branch of service with the appropriate transcript.

BranchPopulationOfficial TranscriptSource for Transcript
ArmyActive Duty, Reserves, National Guard and VeteranACE Registry TranscriptJoint Services Transcript

(Follow the instructions in your browser to continue to the website.)

NavyActive Duty, Reserves and Veteran
Marine CorpsActive Duty, Reserves and Veteran
Coast GuardActive Duty, Reserves and Veteran
Air ForceActive Duty, Reserves, Air National Guard  (service after 1972)Community College of the Air Force transcriptCCAF Transcript
VeteransArmy, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard (service prior to 1976)
Air Force (service prior to 1972)
DD-214National Archives

If submitting your transcript by mail,  please send to:

IW Online
Iowa Wesleyan University
601 N. Main
Mount Pleasant, IA 52641

For more information about transfer credits, please contact your Enrollment Advisor at