Iowa Wesleyan University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) was founded in 1895 as one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States. HLC accredits degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region, which includes 19 states.
Iowa Wesleyan’s Teacher Education Program is accredited by the Iowa Department of Education.
The Nursing Program is approved by the Iowa Board of Nursing (IBON)
Iowa Board of Nursing
400 SW 8th Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
The baccalaureate nursing program at Iowa Wesleyan University located in Mount Pleasant, Iowa is accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400
Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the baccalaureate nursing program is continuing accreditation.
View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.us/
Iowa Wesleyan University is accredited by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church.
- Iowa Wesleyan is the first university in the state of Iowa to be a member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU).
- IW is also the first and only Minority Serving Institute (MSI) in the state of Iowa.
- Iowa Wesleyan is a proud participant in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Yellow Ribbon Program and has agreed to the Principles of Excellence Executive Order. Priority Enrollment is also provided for Veterans.
- IW is approved for enrollment certification of students eligible to receive educational assistance (GI Bill®) from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Transfer credit is awarded for military education and training including CCAF, JST, DANTES, and ACE-evaluated training.
- GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
U.S. News and World Report Rankings
2022 Best Regional College
- Ethnic Diversity
#4 Regional Midwest
Students With Diverse Ethnic & Racial Backgrounds Make Up More Than 50% of enrollment
- International Students
#1 Regional Midwest
A Student Body Representing Over 40 Countries!
(4 Year Record)
- Economic Support